Tuesday 28 June 2011

Cake Project Time - Mandy the Cake Fairy does a Peggy Porschen!!!

Posy Cake
  For my birthday recently, I was really lucky and was given lots of cake dec books for pressies!  One of them was the new Peggy Porschen book,   http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peggys-Favourite-Cakes-Cookies-Porschen/dp/1844009505/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309296192&sr=8-1
  Its a fab book, lots of amazing cookies and cakes, and one of them especially caught my eye, so I thought I would have a go, and here we are - I made a tray of best ever brownies, and cut out rounds using a scone cutter. These were filled with apricot jam, and covered in white fondant.
  Then I coloured some fondant in 3 different shades of green, and rolled pieces into long strips, akin to the plasticine worms we all used to make a little kids!!  I stuck these strips onto the cake using liqud glucose, and trimmed the excess off at the top. I used some more white fondant to make a dome which I put on top of the cake.
 A few days ago I made about 3 dozen white glowers out of flower paste, and I stuck them on to the cake using thick royal icing.
  So there we are, Project Porschen's Posy done!!  And I loved every minute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment