Sunday 17 July 2011

Sticky Toffee Pudding, something I have never made before, but will definitely be making again!!

Yum! Sticky Toffee Pudding.....
Simon Hopkinson's Sticky Toffee Pudding!!


Has any one been watching Simon Hopkinson's The Good Cook?  I can recommend it, I have tried a couple of his recipes from the first episode and both have worked amazingly well. When my lad was away on a school trip for the whole weekend (first time ever!!)  I thought I would make this Sticky Toffee Pudding and all I can say is WOW!!

This recipe is so easy to make and produces such a lovely light sponge,  and you really do have to make BOTH of the sauces, AND have it with double cream.......
  When I made it, I could find no mention of what size baking dish to use, so I used a tin roughly 7 in by 11 in. This made enough for 8 very generous portions, so next time I am going to use 2 x 6 in square pyrex dishes and freeze one of them, as I froze half of this last weekend and reheated it covered with foil for pud tonight (It seemed fitting with such dreadful weather, its not stopped raining heavily all weekend!!).

Here is a link to the recipe on the BBC site ~ http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sticky_toffee_pudding_50947
Butterscotch sauce and double cream!!!

  Oh, and by the way, my lad really loved this!!

  (The other recipe was for a beurre blanc, and that was absolutely gorgeous, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment